Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
Boss is with this pedal incorporating COSM design into the compact pedal series for the first time. This technology has already been used in the twin pedal series and multi effects to simulate other effects and is here used to more accurately simulate acoustic guitars.
The AC-3 has the same simulations as its predecessor, the AC-2. There’s Standard (normal acoustic), jumbo (large body acoustic), Enhance (guitar with more responsive attack) and Piezo (electro-acoustic with piezo pickup). The top knob controls the attack and harmonic contents of the guitar while the body knob controls the guitar body’s resonance. The AC-3 also has a built in digital reverb control that the AC-2 didn’t have.
- Controls: Level, Reverb, Body, Top, 4-way Mode switch
- Connectors: Input, G.Amp Out, Line Out, AC Adaptor
- Weight: 450 g (1 lb.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 kohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The AC-3 was sold from January 2006 to present.