Boss DC-3 Digital Dimension
The DC-3 is the successor of the Dimension C (DC-2) pedal but despite the name similarity, it’s quite different. The DC-3 is a digital device while the DC-2 uses analog electronics. The DC-3 doesn’t have the presets of the DC-2 but instead you can adjust the sound with the controls common to the other Boss chorus pedals. The chorus produced is a bit different from other chorus units. Most chorus effects adds vibrato as the depth of the effect is increased. The DC-3 does this too, but it adds less vibrato than the others. The sound is often described as dimensional, spacial and natural sounding.
The name of the DC-3 was changed from Digital Dimension to “Digital Space-D” in 1989. At the same time, Boss stopped offering the DC-3 to other markets than Japan. There are no known circuit changes between the different labeled DC-3s.
- Controls: E. Level, Eq, Rate, Depth
- Connectors: Input, Output A, Output B, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 65 mA (DC 9V)
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Residual Noise Level: Less than -100dBm (IHF-A)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Sampling rate: 50kHz
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+1/-3 dB)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Blue – Made In Japan
The DC-3 was sold from March 1988 to August 1993.