Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
The DD-5 uses 16-bit AF (Adaptive Focus) A/D conversion and 16-bit D/A conversion. Adaptive Focus (AF) A/D Conversion significantly reduces quantization noise by combining multiple samples to optimally match signal level through A/D conversion, delivering smoother, more natural sound.
- 1-50 ms
- DELAY 50-200 ms
- HOLD Max. 2,000ms
- REVERSE 1,000-2,000ms
- E/D 1-400ms
- Quarter Note
- TEMPO Dotted QuarterNote
- Eighth Note
- Quarter Note Triplet
- 1ms to 2,000ms delay times
Select the general delay time range you want from first four delay modes. Then use the Delay Time control to dial-in on the exact delay time you want.
Real-time delay settings
Another way to set delay time is to just tap it in utilizing the Tempo mode. Connect a footswitch, like the FS-5U, to the TEMPO jack and select Quarter, Dotted Eighth, Eight or Quarter Note Triplet. Then tap the footswitch four times in real-time to instantly get a delay time that precisely matches the tempo you’re playing.
The sampling capabilities of the DSD-2 and DSD-3 lives on in the DD-5. You can use the DD-5 to produce a backing part for soloing, then play a duet with yourself. In Hold mode, press the pedal to record a passage as long as 2,000ms. Release it to stop recording and start automatic playback. An LED indicator flashes while the DD5 is playing back.
Backward guitar effect
The DD-5 gives you the bonus of a unique Reverse mode so you can play backward guitar in real-time, reversing phrases in a 1 ,000 ms to 2,000 ms range.
If you use the DD-5 in stereo, a Panning Out feature provides dynamic panning delay for spacious stereo effects. The E/D mode outputs a dry signal from one channel and the delayed sound from the other. The delay can also be inserted into an effects loop. To enhance solos, you can produce delay effects that make maximum use of the stereo field.
- Controls: E.Level, F.Back, D.Time, 11-way Mode switch
- Connectors: Input, Output (MONO), Panning Out, Tempo, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 65 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 420g / 15 oz (including battery)
- A/D Conversion: 16-bit linear, 64 times oversampling, using quad:Delta Sigma modulation, AF Method
- D/A Conversion: 16-bit linear
- Sampling Frequency: 32kHz
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB or greater (Direct)100 dB or greater (Effect)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Pink – Made In Taiwan
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The DD-5 was sold from March 1995 to 2003.